Donate a new glove!
The Give-a-Glove Drive, which will run from May 14 through June 16, collects new or gently used baseball/softball gloves for its Inner-City Youth Baseball/Softball (ICYBS) program. Anyone who donates a glove receives two lawn tickets to a 2020 West Michigan Whitecaps’ home game and one free guest pass to the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids.
Drop off youth baseball/softball gloves at any Grand Rapids area Fifth Third Bank branch, Fifth Third Ballpark weekdays 10 a.m.– 6 p.m. or during any home game, and at any of the following YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids locations:
- David D. Hunting YMCA, 475 Lake Michigan Dr. NW, Grand Rapids
- Lowell YMCA, 1335 W. Main St., Lowell
- Spartan Stores YMCA, 5722 Metro Way, Wyoming
- Mary Free Bed YMCA, 5500 Burton SE, Grand Rapids
- Visser Family YMCA, 3540 Fairlanes Ave. SW, Grandville
- Wolverine Worldwide Family YMCA, 6555 Jupiter Ave. NE, Belmont
The Inner-City Baseball/Softball program is a free program for inner-city youth ages 6-14 that holds games at seven neighborhood parks—Riverside Park, Richmond Park, Sibley Elementary, Aberdeen Park, Ted Rasberry Park, Plaster Creek Park, and Martin Luther King Park. The program has grown from 384 children in its first year to over 30,000. Along with the children, the program saw over 60 coaches volunteer over 2,106 hours of their time. Kids and families are also served free meals on game nights. This program has been impacting the lives of kids through baseball and softball for 25 years.